There are lot of ways creating bootable usb drives, by installing or using softwares to create a bootable disk, but in this tutorial i will show how to create a bootable USB Disk Using only Comman Prompt or MS-DOS
There are lot of ways creating bootable usb drives, by installing or using softwares to create a bootable disk, but in this tutorial i will show how to create a bootable USB Disk Using only Command Prompt or MS-DOS
Follow this step by step tutorial to have your Bootable USB Drive,
Note: If you are creating a Windows Vista and other latest windows OS, you must use 4GB and up.
For Windows XP 1GB is enough.
- Insert the USB
- Start Command Prompt (CTRL+R and type CMD)
- Type DISKPART and Enter
- Type LIST DISK
- Select your USB Disk: Type SELECT DISK #:
- Clean the USB By Just Typing the Command CLEAN
- After Cleaning the USB Create a Primary Partition: Type CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
- Type LIST PARTITION and hit enter
- Select the Primary Partition Type: SELECT PARTITION 1
- Now type FORMAT FS=NTFS and hit enter.
Note:this will take some time
- Type ACTIVE when Succesfully Marked as Active then type ASSIGN and hit enter
- After that type EXIT to exit DISKPART and close CMD.
(ASSIGN - Gives the USB drive a Windows volume and next available drive letter, which you should write down. In our case, drive “L” was assigned)
- Copy all the Files and Folders of the Windows XP,Vista,7 or 8 to your USB.
USB Is Now Ready and will work Perfectly!